Booking & Payment Instructions
Please complete the Vacation Rental Agreement and return this with the appropriate payment. Please make check payable to Shannon Demma and mail it to the address listed below:
Shannon Demma, 1105 Rodriguez Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95062
If you would like to pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), you can submit a booking request via our HomeAway listing. We offer an online booking option through HomeAway. Please proceed to our HomeAway webpage and click the "Request to Book" button. They will walk you through the booking process.
To avoid any confusion, we like to explain our reservation, payment, cancellation and security deposit policies:
CHECK IN - 3:00pm
CHECK OUT - 11:00am
A fee will be deducted from the Security Deposit for late check out.
Payment & Reservations
A $500 deposit is due upon booking your reservation (we will hold the reservation for 6 days if you are mailing check), the remainder of the payment is due 45 days prior to your arrival date. If booking within 60 days of arrival, the full amount is due upon booking. If your second installment is not received by 45 days prior to your arrival date, then your reservation will be canceled. Once you have made a reservation, we will send you a rental agreement and payment instructions via email. You have 7 days to return to the rental agreement and the deposit or appropriate payment (or if paying with credit card, we ask for payment upon booking).
We accept personal checks (30 days prior to reservation date only), money orders, and direct bookings via VRBO/HomeAway, which accommodates credit card payments.
Should you need to cancel a reservation, email or written notice must be received no less than 45 days prior to your scheduled arrival date, otherwise you will forfeit all rental sums paid to date unless we are able to re-rent the property. If the reservation is canceled more than 45 days in advance of your scheduled arrival date, we will return all monies paid. If you cancel your reservation 45 days or less from your scheduled arrival date, we will attempt to re-rent the property. If we are able rent the property for the same amount, we will provide a refund. If we do not succeed in re-renting the house, we can only refund the security deposit of $500. Refunds for cancellations are given only when, and if all of the dates you have rented are re-rented.
6 Adults and/or children
Refundable Security Deposit
A refundable security deposit of $500 is due at the time of booking. Provided there is no damage to the property, the house, its contents, or excessive cleaning required, all of the security deposit will be returned to you within 14 days of your departure. Should any portion of the deposit be withheld, an itemized list and documentation of damage will be returned along with any remaining deposit balance.
Once we receive your final payment, we will send a confirmation including the code for the keyless entry system and information about what to bring.
We hope you to make your stay a comfortable and pleasurable stay at our home. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Please treat our house like it was your home – please use it, do not abuse it. Any missing, damaged or broken items will be deducted from your deposit. Any additional cleaning that is needed beyond our standard three hour cleaning will be deducted from your deposit.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the house – if smoking is detected, none of your security deposit will be returned. Feel free to smoke in the yard, however please clean up afterward.
- Rinse off sand prior to entering the home – there is a hose in the trash bin area and an outdoor shower provided to rinse off.
- Be courteous to the neighbors. Do not use the hot tub after 10:00pm.
- Be mindful of noise levels. There is a noise curfew starting at 10:00pm to 8:00am. No parties are allowed in our home.
Thank you for taking care of our home! We hope you enjoy our home as much as we do!
Pet Policy & Rules
We welcome friendly, well behaved dogs at our home. We ask that you follow these guidelines while your dog is vacationing at our home.
- Prior written permission from Owner is required for all pets. At this time, we only allow dogs at home, unless we provide written approval otherwise.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, in a cage, or otherwise kept under control at all times. Pets should NEVER be left unattended in our home. If you are leaving for a day and don’t want to take the pet with you, you must put it in a local kennel or find alternative solutions to leaving the pet alone at the Premises.
- Occupants and Guests must clean up after their pet. This includes properly disposing of all waste material. If any waste material is found on the property, a portion of the security deposit will not be refunded.
- As we have a small yard, please walk your pets and let them relieve themselves in a public place. We also ask that you clean up after your dog on the beach - this is a special beach for us, and we want to keep it clean.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets must have current vaccinations (including rabies). Heartworm preventative is highly recommended.
- All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and animals. All items above are the sole responsibility of the Occupant.
- Owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury to pets while at the Premises. We are not responsible for any pets that get out of the yard.
- Vicious, dangerous, or aggressive Pets will not be tolerated. Any such Pet with a tendency or disposition to attack other domestic animals or humans without provocation is not permitted at any time.
- Any complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise or other nuisances may be cause for immediate termination of the lease and forfeiture of the tenant's entire security deposit.